Communications and Marketing Specialist (writing focused) – full-time position
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a not-for-profit, charitable organization offering preventative support to children and youth through mentoring. We make a difference in the lives of children through one to one relationships with caring adult mentors. These important relationships improve self-esteem, expand awareness of life’s opportunities, and provide guidance and support through long term. We are looking for like-minded individuals who share our passion for children, youth and families and help us achieve our mission and vision.
About the Role
The Communications and Marketing Specialist provides creative content which supports the agencies fundraising and communication goals and objectives. They will produce engaging and audience appropriate content for multiple purposes, including, but not limited to grants, marketing, fund raising, engagement initiatives, donor stewardship, online content, events, internal newsletter, etc. While the position is heavily focused on writing and editing, it also requires strong people, project and event management skills. Working with the Fund Development Team the position will help the organization deliver messages with one consistent voice that highlights Big Brothers Big Sisters vision, mission, values and guiding principles. Some degree of flexibility in work schedule is required to accommodate events in the evening and weekend hours.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree; preferably Communications
- 2-4 years of copy-writing experience
- A portfolio with copy projects is required for consideration.
- Experience in marketing, communications, community relations, event planning and execution and traditional and social marketing is an asset.
- Experience with database software and an interest in learning other software.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with graphic design and web development would be as strong asset.
- Basic experience with creative tools MailChimp, WordPress and Hootsuite would be an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse projects while meeting project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to work independently and as a team player, creative, imaginative.
- Highly self-motivated, adaptable, efficient and well organized, with a desire to grow, learn and to contribute to creating a positive work environment.
- Operate with integrity; ethically and with transparency, working efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail.
Terms of Employment:
- Hours: 35 hours per week starting September 2019
- Salary: $ 22.00 per hour
- Eligible for health benefits after 3 month probation period and RRSP contributions after 1 year
To Apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of September 10, 2019.
We thank all those who apply; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted