Community Mentoring Coordinator (full-time)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria is a non-profit agency providing mentoring programs for children and youth on Southern Vancouver Island. We are currently looking for a highly organized, efficient, caring, and committed individual for the full-time position of Community Mentoring Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, and working closely with the Service Delivery Staff, the successful candidate will work to create and support mentoring matches between volunteer mentors and the children and youth we serve. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a case load of volunteer mentors who are matched with local children and families.
- Supporting Community based matches to include monitoring and problem solving
- Completing required administration to ensure safety and compliance with National Standards
- Assisting children and families through referral and access to other resources
- Assisting in volunteer recruitment, screening, interviews, recognition, and retention
- Leading program development, promotion and evaluation
- Engaging as a strong member of the team – modeling enthusiasm, flexibility, a belief in the power of mentoring, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Min 2 years post-secondary education in social work, child and youth care, education and other human services. Completion of a 4 year post-secondary degree in a related field considered an asset
- Experience working with children, families and volunteers
- Experience in child development and volunteer management considered an asset
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and computer skills
- Police criminal record check including vulnerable sectors check will be required
Terms of Employment:
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: $ 19.00 per hour
- Start Date: ASAP
- Eligible for health benefits after 3 month probation period and RRSP contributions after 1 year
To Apply please email your resume to email@example.com, no phone calls please.
Closing Date: Position Open Until Filled
We thank all those who apply; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted