Application deadline: February 10, 2023
Our finance team is looking for a motivated and experienced Finance Assistant to support bookkeeping and financial reporting needs of the organization.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Finance, the Finance Assistant is responsible for general support of the finance department, including bookkeeping, payroll, financial reporting, and general administrative support. The position will provide the candidate with hands-on experience in accounting/financial management in a non-profit setting. This part-time position offers a flexible work schedule with a combination of remote and in-office work.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to our Manager of Finance, the responsibilities of the position will be:
- Reconciling and overseeing cash; including preparing bank deposits, reconciling
- Assisting with payroll, human resources record-keeping and benefit
- Using QuickBooks software, assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivable,
bank reconciliations, month-end reports. Ensuring all transactions adhere to
financial policies and approvals
- Preparing financial documents and other administrative tasks as required
- Working with the Finance team to improve financial controls, systems and
templates, in accordance with financial policies
- Maintaining the financial and administrative filing systems
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or related discipline
- Strong Excel skills required, good computer and administrative skills, Office 365
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software an asset.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to multi-task and handle
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a flexible schedule
- Experience working in a not-for-profit work environment an asset